8.23.2011

More Crazy for SPRAY Paint


Hi! This is Shannon. I have been MIA from this blog for quite a while and my beautiful sister, Tori has been the sole contributor for months now. I love her. Anywho....I have a love/hate relationship with crafts. When I love them, I LOVE them. When I hate them, thinking about crafting makes me feel sick in my tummy.
With that said, when fall and winter holidays are on the horizon, I start to get the crafting itch. Thus, the sudden desire to actually post on the blog! YAY!
Alright, enough blabbing. Let's get to the purpose of the post.
Shortly after Tori published THIS post on Shenanigans, I called her to tell her that I had done the EXACT same thing in my house. I got so tired of looking at my decor and I felt the desire to freshen up the colors in my kitchen. I wanted to throw all of my decor in the garbage and start from scratch. (Sometimes I do that.) However, I resisted the urge and thought about how I could make myself like my stuff again. SPRAY PAINT came to mind. I spent the next few hours gathering all the stuff I was tempted to trash and painted it.
Here's what I came up with.The star needed a re-do. I love the color.

I sprayed these things Ivory to go in a flower arrangement.


I sprayed the little hook to hold my cute apron that Tori made for me.
Did you know you can spray paint wicker baskets?

Remember THIS plate? Well, I was tired of it so I soaked it in warm water to take off the mod podge and added this cute little vinyl bird instead. I also sprayed the stars ivory and the little LIVE thing.

It's amazing what a little paint here and there can do to brighten up a room.

1 comment:

  1. I love how we each, independently, chose to spray our stars and baskets the SAME color! Must be sisters, I guess! Good idea with the little circle-bud things. I have a wreath that I would like so much more with a bit of a touch-up.

    ReplyDelete