4.17.2011

BEEP, BOOP, Robot PARTY!

Last week, my little guy turned 4 years old. We hosted a ROBOT PARTY for him. It was really fun to put together.
These are the invitations I came up with for the party.


I had all the fun stuff out on my kitchen table.

We made a goodie bag for each child with a tag that said, "Thank You For Coming." Inside the goodie bag was a wind up robot, a glow stick, silly bands and a baggie of M&M's, pretzels and Cheerios. I attached a tag to that bag with robots that said, "Nuts and Bolts."
I loved the idea of ROBOT FUEL for a beverage. :)
The cake turned out great! I couldn't find much inspiration for a robot cake online, so I came up with this little design. I was pretty happy with how it turned out. However, more importantly, the birthday boy loved it!
I made this shirt for the b-day boy to wear for the party. I used the Robotz Cricut cartridge for the template and dabbed acrylic paint around it.

At the party, we made robots out of pretzels and marshmallows. The kids had a blast.


Another activity was Pin the Robot on the Spaceship. I had all the kids color their own robot to pin on an enlarged image of a spaceship on my door.
We also made robot costumes out of paper bags. The kids really got into this. Check out these cute little robots. :)


Happy birthday dude! We LOVE you!



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I just looked at this blog and you two are so stinking CRAFTY!! :) I fail miserably in the craft department, so I'm glad for friends like you! This robot party is awesome, and the gift I received from Tori is amazing!!! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the award for "coolest Mom Ever" goes to Drum roll please... Shannon! I am so sad you live so far away:(

    ReplyDelete